INGREDIENTS 28 to 35 saltine crackers (about one sleeve, enough to line your tray) 1 cup (220 g) packed dark brown sugar 1 cup (225 g or 2 sticks) unsalted butter 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 cups (10 to 12 ounces) […]
INGREDIENTS 3 tbsp Olive Oil 1 diced medium Onion 1 chopped small Zucchini 14 oz Italian Style Green Beans 1 diced stalk Celery 4 tsp minced Garlic 4 cup Vegetable Broth 30 ounce drained Red Kidney Beans 30 ounce drained Great Northern Beans 14 ounce can Diced Tomatoes with juice 1/2 cup Shredded Carrot 1/2 cup dry Red Wine optional 4 oz Tomato Paste 1 tsp Oregano 1 tsp Basil 1/4 tsp Thyme 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder […]
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 1/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet
- 1 tsp molasses
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax (or additional almond flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger optional
- 1 cup fresh cranberries finely chopped by hand or in a food processor and tossed with 1/2 tsp pure stevia or 2 tbspFrosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
- 4 drops lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Cream together butter and sweetener. Add molasses, salt, eggs, and extracts. Mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients. Mix well. Fold in the cranberries.
- Spread in an 8×8 baking dish. Bake for 30-35 min. until golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cream cheese, butter, sweetener, and lemon extract until fluffy.
- Spread icing very gently on cooled bars. The bars can crumble if you aren’t gentle. The best way to do this is to drop little blobs of icing on slightly warm bars and spread using an offset spatula. Top with chopped fresh cranberries mixed with sweetener or dried cranberries.
- Refrigerate until cold and cut into squares.
INGREDIENTS 4 boneless pork chops 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided 4-5 large sweet onions, sliced 7 – 8 sprigs fresh thyme plus additional for garnish 1 tablespoon butter 1 teaspoon salt, plus additional to season the chops ½ teaspoon pepper, plus additional to season the chops ¼ cup dry red or white wine ½ cup beef or chicken stock 4 ounces shredded Swiss or Gruyere […]
INGREDIENTS 2 English Cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1″ rounds 1 pound smoked salmon, cut into bite sized pieces (1) 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped 1 tablespoon Horseradish (more or less to taste) 1 tablespoon heavy cream, optional Toothpicks […]
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Lilly’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent chocolate
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Fat Head Dough:
- cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup super fine almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- Add chocolate, 5 oz cream cheese and cream to a medium sized microwave safe bowl and cook in 30 second intervals until melted and combined.
- Stir in cocoa powder, cinnamon, filling sweetener and vanilla and mix well to combine. Set aside.
Fat Head Dough:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, mix together mozzarella cheese and remaining cream cheese. Cook in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and combined.
- Stir in eggs and mix well to combine.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, dough sweetener and xanthan gum. Slowly add this mixture to the melted cheese and mix well to combine. Towards the end, you’ll need to use your hands. If the dough feels too wet to work with, add more almond flour until it’s the right consistency to roll out.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls. Place 1 dough ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll it out with a rolling pin until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. 8. Spread half of the chocolate filling on top of the dough. Roll it up tightly into a long log and pinch the ends together. Repeat steps with remaining dough and filling.
- Spread half of the chocolate filling on top of the dough. Roll it up tightly into a long log and pinch the ends together. Repeat steps with remaining dough and filling.
- Form an X with the two dough logs. Twist the logs around each other.
- Place the dough into the loaf pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Loosely cover the loaf with tin foil and bake for another 35-40 minutes until fully browned.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove and place on a cooling rack. The loaf will be soft when it comes out of the oven, but will firm up as it cools.
INGREDIENTS 1 cup unsalted Challenge Butter 3/4 cup granulated sugar 1 cup light brown sugar 2 large eggs 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract 1 teaspoon baking soda 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips 1 14 ounce can fat-free sweetened condensed milk (you can use regular SCM if you can’t find the fat-free) 1 4.4 ounce large […]
- 1 pound Kroger frozen shrimp medium size
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup Kroger low fat sour cream
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8-12 Kroger white corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Kroger broccoli and carrot slaw
- Kroger queso fresco
- Kroger mild tomatillo salsa verde
- freshly ground black pepper
- Thaw the shrimp and peel the shells off of the shrimp and discard. Season the shrimp with a sprinkle of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, gently toss and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Smash 5 of the garlic cloves with the side of a heavy knife and place in the skillet, reserving the additional garlic clove. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the garlic for 10-15 minutes, turning the cloves occasionally until the garlic is fragrant and lightly browned all over. Remove the garlic from the pan, set aside and remove the pan from the heat reserving to use to cook the shrimp.
- While the garlic is simmering, finely mince the remaining clove of garlic and add to the bowl of a food processor. Chop the softest parts of the reserved cooked garlic and add to the food processor. Add the juice of 1 lime, the 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and whiz the food processor until the leaves and garlic are finely chopped. Add the sour cream, the chopped avocado and the kosher salt and whiz until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Bring the pan with the reserved garlic oil in to medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Stack and cover the corn tortillas in a dish towel and microwave for 30 seconds.
- For each taco, stack 2 corn tortillas together and spread a spoonful or two of the avocado crema on the top tortilla. Add some broccoli slaw 4-5 shrimps and top with queso fresco, tomatillo salsa and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges.
INGREDIENTS 8 pieces sliced French or Italian baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 avocado, sliced thinly 9 ounces (250 grams) vine ripened cherry tomatoes, halved 3.5 ounces (100 grams) fresh bocconcini in water (or baby mozzarella balls) 1/2 cup basil leaves, divided 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Arrange bread on a baking sheet, drizzle […]