2-Ingredient Keto Pasta Noodles
- 1 cup (100 g) storebought shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- Add shredded mozzarella to a bowl and melt in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Allow to cool down for 30 seconds to avoid “cooking” the egg yolk when mixing.
- Gently fold the egg yolk into the melted mozzarella, using a spatula or wooden spoon. You should obtain a smooth, slightly elastic texture. Form a ball with the mixture.
- Arrange the ball onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and press down with your hand until thin. You can also use a rolling pin. Note that the dough is a bit elastic so take your time.
- Remove the top parchment paper and cut the dough into thin strips with a sharp knife. Let dry the pasta in the refrigerator for four hours or overnight.
- Place the “pasta” in boiling water for just one minute, or even less depending on the consistency. Drain into a colander and run cold water over the pasta to prevent sticking. Serve with your favorite sauce and toppings – Enjoy!