Almond Butter Blueberry Waffles
- 2/3 cup natural creamy almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (only if your almond butter isn’t salted)
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, eggs, banana, almond extract, coconut oil and almond milk until well combined and there aren’t any large lumps.
- Stir in coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix until well combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into waffle iron and cook until steam stops and waffles are golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside. Repeat with remaining batter. Recipe makes about 3 belgian waffles.