- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- black pepper, to taste
Spinach and Artichoke Filling
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 artichoke hearts
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- Slice each chicken breast down the edge, so that a flap can be pulled up and stuffed with the mixture. Rub the spices into both the outside and inside of each chicken breast, and then marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Make the filling by chopping the artichoke hearts, spinach and sun dried tomatoes, and mixing them together in a bowl with shredded cheese.
- Divide the mixture between the chicken beasts, stuffing very full.
- Add the chicken breasts to the Sharp Superheated Steam Countertop Oven Broiler Tray, and set the oven to bake 375º for 20 minutes.
- If using a conventional oven, preheat the oven to 375º F. Add the chicken breasts to a large baking dish, and cover with foil. Bake the chicken breasts for 15 minutes covered, and then remove the foil and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes, until juices run clear or the internal temperature is 165º F. Using the foil helps provide the “steam” to keep the chicken moist while baking.