- 1.5 oz dark rum (like Gosling Black Seal Rum) or a spiced rum
- 3.5 oz ginger beer, chilled
- 1 lime wedge
- 2-3 mint leaves
- 5-6 fresh blackberries (+ extra for garnish)
- Place lime and mint in a shaker and muddle by using a muddler or the bottom of a wooden spoon to smash the lime and mint together until juices are fully released
- Add blackberries to shaker and continue to muddle for 1- 2 minutes.
- Pour in rum, place lid on shaker and shake vigorously.
- Fill an old-fashioned glass about 3/4 full with crushed ice. Pour the contents of the shaker over the ice and top off with chilled ginger beer.
- Garnish with a fresh blackberry and a mint leaf. Enjoy!