- 4 tilapia fillets or other white fish
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Combine seasonings & brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Rub seasoning over fish and pan fry or bake in the oven as directed below.
- Heat oil and butter in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the seasoned fish and a few of the lemon slices and cook 3 minutes per side or just until done (do not overcook).
- Serve with remaining lemon.
- Turn broiler onto high and place oven rack on the top.
- Line a pan with foil and add tilapia fillets and a few lemon slices. Broil for 3 minutes.
- Flip fish and additional 3-4 minutes until tender and flaky. Do not overcook. Serve with remaining lemon.