Blueberry Banana Walnut Muffin Bars
- ½ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 medium very overripe bananas, mashed (~1 cup)
- 2 Organic Eggland’s Best whole eggs
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted (may substitute coconut oil for dairy-free)
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (divided)
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Give it a quick stir and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the bananas, Eggland’s Best eggs, butter, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir until combine.
- Fold in ⅔ cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Transfer batter to the baking dish, top evenly with the remaining blueberries and walnuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until center is baked through and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 9-12 squares.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt or nut butter and additional banana slices, blueberries, walnuts, and cinnamon if you wish.