- 4 Chicken breasts bone-in and skin on about 4 pounds
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl add 8 cups warm water, salt and sugar whisk together until dissolved, add chicken breasts. Refrigerate 4 hours
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl add butter, garlic, herbs and the juice of one lemon. Mix and set aside.
- Remove chicken from brine and place on a baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels.
- Using a spoon spread herb butter all over chicken and even under shin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until internal temp is 164 degrees.
- Remove chicken and let rest 15 minutes. Slice chicken and squeeze more lemon juice over top.