- 1 box (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Supreme original brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1 1/4 cups Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16 oz container)
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom of 9-inch square pan with shortening or cooking spray. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, grease bottom and sides of foil). Make and bake brownies as directed on box. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Frost brownies with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate while making cereal mixture.
- Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until set before cutting. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.