- white fish – 2 pounds cods fillet with bones removed (or any white fish you like such as tilapea, mahi maui, catfish etc)
- chili powder – 2-3 teaspoons or to taste- depending on how spicy you like it
- cumin powder – 2-3 teaspoons
- garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- pepper – 1 teaspoon
- taco seasoning – 2 teaspoons ( or your own homemade version with chili powder, paprika, onion powder, sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and red pepper flakes)
- canola oil – 2 tablespoons ( or other light flavoured high heat tolerance oils as desired- do not use olive oil)
- lemon juice – drizzle of lemon juice- optional
- Wash and dry your fish well with paper towels.
- Coat front and back of fish with chili powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, pepper, taco seasoning.
- Place canola oil in iron skillet and heat to high medium heat.
- Sauté fish for 2-3 minutes on each size, depending on the size of your fish or until flakes easily with your fork.
- Drizzle a little lemon juice on top and serve with a delightful veggie medley or inside your favourite fish tacos.