- 3 carrots
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 3 cooked beetroots
- 1 tin cooked chickpeas
- 1 orange
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4-3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 handfuls fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup dried chopped apricots
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grate/shred the carrots, cabbage and beetroot and place in a large bowl. Add the drained chickpeas.
- Roughly chop the cashews and add to the bowl along with the chopped apricot. Give it a good mix.
- In a small bowl mix the juice from the orange, olive oil, cayenne pepper (depending how spicy you want it) and salt.
- Drizzle over the salad, and mix.
- Finely chop the coriander and mix into the salad too, leaving some to garnish on top.
- Serve straight away or place in an air tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.