- 24 oz (700 g) brussels sprouts trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (or provolone)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add sprouts, season with salt and pepper. Once hot, add your brussels sprouts and shake pan so sprouts land cut side down in a single layer. Let them cook, undisturbed, until slightly charred and caramelized (about 6-8 minutes).
- Melt the butter in the pan. Stir the butter through the sprouts, then add the garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds), stirring through the sprouts.
- Transfer sprouts to the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- Remove from oven and top with the cheese. Return to oven and broil (or grill) until the cheese melts and becomes golden (about 4-5 minutes).
- Adjust salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.