- ¾ cup butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp cherry gelatin Jell-O
- 12 oz white baking chips 1 12oz bag
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp cherry or vanilla extract
- 10 oz maraschino cherries 1 10oz jar drained
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp Coca-Cola
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut the cherries into quarters. Pat with a paper towel over and over again to remove as much moisture as possible. Continuing patting with a paper towel until there isn’t any more moisture. Set aside.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, and heavy cream in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once at a full boil, continue boiling for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add cherry gelatin and stir continuously, boiling for another 2 to 3 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in white baking chips. (I use a whisk to get out all the lumps.)
- Stir in marshmallow creme and cherry or vanilla extract.
- Fold in dry maraschino cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan and let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Place powdered sugar in a heat-proof bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, unsweetened cocoa, and Coca-Cola over medium heat.
- Bring just to a boil and pour over powdered sugar. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and continue whisking or stirring to combine.
- Immediately pour over chilled fudge. Use an offset spatula to gently spread the frosting over the top of the fudge.
- Chill for 20 minutes or until frosting has set.
- Cut into small pieces and serve.