- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Crescent Rolls (big & flaky)
- 1 can pie filling (I like cherry)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- powdered sugar
- Place crescent roll cans in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheets with silicon mats or parchment paper.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Open the cans and slice each into 12 pieces, approximately 1/2″ slices. (Don’t unroll them, pretend they’re slice and bake cookies.)
- Place six slices on a cookie sheet, flattening the centers to create an indent. (I used a large spice container dipped in flour, plus my fingers for a little extra flattening in the middle.)
- Fill the indent half with the cream cheese mixture and half with the pie filling.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix a large spoonful of powdered sugar with a little milk until liquid but still thick. Spoon into a pastry bag or Ziploc, cut off the tip, and drizzle over the pastries.
- Enjoy one (or three, I don’t judge) with a cup of coffee or a tall glass of milk.