- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
For the Quesadillas:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded and warm
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 chopped cilantro
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk all ingredients together until the batter begins to thicken. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, batter will thicken even more.
- Grease a skillet with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of mixture into the skillet and quickly swirl the batter to create a thin circle (I used a rubber spatula).
- Cook on each side, about two minutes. Allow to cool on a plate, set aside.
Assemble the Quesadillas:
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Place one of the tortillas in the skillet and sprinkle with cheese. Once cheese begins to melt, add shredded chicken, cilantro and scallions. Sprinkle more cheese over the chicken and add another tortilla on top. Flip the quesadilla to warm the other tortilla. Once cheese is melted, remove from skillet and enjoy.