Chicken Piccata with Lemon and Artichokes
- 1 package chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts drained and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half and half
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove chicken and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. In the same skillet, add diced shallots, garlic, and artichokes and saute for 1-2 minutes, until soft. Add the white wine and scrape the skillet to remove any brown bits and cook for 3 minutes, until the wine has reduced by one third. Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, and half and half. Bring to a boil and then add chicken back in and simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken has cooked through.
- Serve over rice or pasta, or whatever sounds good to you! Sprinkle with fresh parsley.