- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves, forced through a press or minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, broken into flats and drumettes (save the tips for stock or discard)
- Oil for the wire rack
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green Serrano peppers
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Prep the chicken by placing the oil, pressed garlic, cumin, salt, sugar, paprika, coriander, oregano, pepper, juice and zest of the lime in a small bowl or glass measuring cup and stir until well blended. Place the chicken wings in a 1 gallon ziplock bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag and then “massage” the chicken to make sure the marinade coats the chicken completely. Refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Once the chicken has marinated, place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet and brush with oil to prevent sticking. Place the wings on the rack. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the wings are cooked through and slightly charred on some of the edges.
- While the wings are baking, place al the ingredients for green sauce in a food processor or blender. Process until all ingredients are well blended. Pour into a bowl, cover and refrigerate while the chicken is cooking. The sauce will seem thin but will thicken up as it sits. Serve with the chicken.