Chipotle Honey Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- 1-1/2 pound Frozen Crispy Chicken Strips
- 2 boxes (8 1/2 Oz. Size) Corn Muffin Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Jalapeno, Or More To Taste, Seeded And Diced
- 3/4 cups Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Chipotle Adobo, Or More To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Water
- 1 clove Garlic, Pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Fresh Cilantro For Garnish
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place chicken frozen chicken strips on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- While strips are in the oven, heat a waffle iron (see note below). In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, eggs, butter, buttermilk, and diced jalapenos. Mix until well combined. Spay waffle molds with nonstick spray. Pour ¼ cup of batter in the center of each waffle mold. Close waffle make and cook until steaming stops. Using a chopstick or skewer lift the waffles out of the waffle maker. The waffles will crisp as they cool. Set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepot, combine honey, adobo, lime juice, water, garlic, and salt. Bring to a boil, lower heat and let simmer for 2 minutes. Toss chicken strips with honey sauce.
- Build sliders using chicken strips and waffles. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Note: I used a typical 4 square waffle maker. If you have a large round one, you can dollop waffle batter in each quarter or make a whole round and cut it in fours.