- 5 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Lilly’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent chocolate
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Fat Head Dough:
- cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup super fine almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- Add chocolate, 5 oz cream cheese and cream to a medium sized microwave safe bowl and cook in 30 second intervals until melted and combined.
- Stir in cocoa powder, cinnamon, filling sweetener and vanilla and mix well to combine. Set aside.
Fat Head Dough:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, mix together mozzarella cheese and remaining cream cheese. Cook in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and combined.
- Stir in eggs and mix well to combine.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, dough sweetener and xanthan gum. Slowly add this mixture to the melted cheese and mix well to combine. Towards the end, you’ll need to use your hands. If the dough feels too wet to work with, add more almond flour until it’s the right consistency to roll out.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls. Place 1 dough ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll it out with a rolling pin until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. 8. Spread half of the chocolate filling on top of the dough. Roll it up tightly into a long log and pinch the ends together. Repeat steps with remaining dough and filling.
- Spread half of the chocolate filling on top of the dough. Roll it up tightly into a long log and pinch the ends together. Repeat steps with remaining dough and filling.
- Form an X with the two dough logs. Twist the logs around each other.
- Place the dough into the loaf pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Loosely cover the loaf with tin foil and bake for another 35-40 minutes until fully browned.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then remove and place on a cooling rack. The loaf will be soft when it comes out of the oven, but will firm up as it cools.