Chocolate Coconut Cake
For the Cake:
- 3/4 Cups Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend
- 2/3 Cups Gentle Sweet or the equivalent of your favorite sweetener
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Mineral Salt
- 1/3 Cup Melted Coconut Oil I use virgin coconut oil so there is extra coconut flavor.
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup WaterFor the Frosting:
- 1 Recipe 2 Ingredient Dairy Free Sweetened Condensed Milk, Made and Cooled Completely
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut, Shredded
- ½ Cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Cup Chopped Pecans
Make the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry cake ingredients together.
- Add melted coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, and water and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 8×8 cake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until center top of cake is dry.
- Allow cake to completely cool.Make the Frosting
- In a large bowl, mix prepared 2 Ingredient Sweetened Condensed Milk with shredded coconut, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.
- Spread frosting over top of cooled cake.