- 6 hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 1 large avocado
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: cayenne pepper to taste
- For Garnish:
- 1 small tomato diced small
- Extra cilantro leaves
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and place on a platter. Remove the yolks and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add avocado, lime, cilantro, egg yolks from 3 whole yolks (discard the remaining yolks), salt and pepper to taste and optional cayenne pepper. Mash with a fork until smooth. Optional: If using a piping bag and tip to fill the eggs, place the ingredients in a small food processor and pulse until smooth. This gives a smoother consistency and breaks down the cilantro better, which will avoid clogging the piping tip when adding the filling. Skip this step if you are simply spooning in the filling.
- If piping the filling into the eggs, spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Fill each egg with avocado filling.
- Garnish with 2 cilantro leaves and 2-3 diced tomato pieces to resemble Christmas Holly.
- Refrigerate eggs until ready to serve.