Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla stevia drops for filling
- 1 egg yolk optional
Base Egg Dough:
- 4 eggs divided
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla stevia drops for dough
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, stir together 8 ounces cream cheese and vanilla stevia (and egg yolk, if using). Transfer to plastic bag or pastry bag.
- Separate egg whites and yolks into separate mixing bowls.
- Add stevia, 3 ounces cream cheese and whey protein to yolks. Stir in optional coconut flour, if using. Mix until smooth.
- Whip eggs whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold yolk mixture into beaten whites.
- Spoon 6 mounds of the egg batter onto each prepared baking sheets (12 mounds total). Flatten each mound slightly.
- Pipe sweetened cream cheese onto the center of each batter circle.
- Bake at 325°F for 30 minutes.