- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic Butter Topping:
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, garlic powder, and salt. Whisk together the melted butter and buttermilk. Combine with the dry ingredients until incorporated. It will make a thick dough. Fold in the cheddar cheese.
- Measure out each biscuit in a ¼ cup measuring cup. The measuring cup worked great for packing the dough into the cup and spooning the dough out onto the baking sheet. It made perfect round biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown. Combine garlic butter topping ingredients and brush onto each biscuit.