- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 4 chicken breasts halved crosswise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 oz Cremini mushrooms (1 package) sliced
Creamy Parmesan Sauce:
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp wheat flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on a large plate and set aside. Next in a large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add chicken and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until browned for a total of 8 minutes. Remove it onto a plate
- Now add the sliced mushrooms and remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan. Sauce for 5 minutes, your mushrooms should look nice and moist, and dark. Once cooked, remove them from the pan.Sauce:
- To make the sauce, add butter to the pan, allow it to melt and then cook garlic in it until slightly browned – only for a couple of minutes. Add 1 tablespoon flour and cook until it’s no longer raw. Slowly add chicken broth, heavy cream. Once simmering add Parmesan cheese and allow it to blend for 2-3 minutes. Add salt, garlic powder and pepper. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Add spinach to the sauce and allow it to wilt.
- Next cooked mushrooms back into the pan and mix them into the sauce.
- Now add cooked chicken and allow it to reheat for 2-3 minutes. Close the lid to help the heat stay in. Serve immediately! Spoon sauce all over chicken.