- 8 oz fettuccine
- 1 lb large shrimp deshelled and deveined
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with 1 tbsp of cajun spice and toss well. Drizzle the flour over the shrimp and toss in a bowl to make sure each shrimp is covered in flour.
- In a deep skillet add the butter and olive oil and heat over high heat. Add shrimp and cook on each side about 2 min until crisp. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet add chicken broth and heavy cream. Season with additional cajun spice if preferred and/or salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then add the Parmesan cheese and whisk. Add fettuccine and shrimp back to the pot and toss.
- Garnish with parsley and additional Parmesan cheese.