Cucumber Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 1 large English cucumber, finely sliced lengthwise with a mandoline or vegetable peeler
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- A few cilantro (or parsley) leaves
- 1 small (about 1 inch) square piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ginger, lime zest and juice, sesame oil, olive oil and soy sauce and whisk until emulsified. Reserve.
- In a serving bowl, toss the cucumbers with the prepared dressing. Top with the sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and cilantro leaves.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate to marinate for a couple of hours.