For The Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 large sweet onion (like Vidalia), shredded (use the large holes on a cheese grater to shred the onions)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce, (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to tasteFor The Glaze
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
For The Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet or a baking dish with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place ground meat in a large bowl.
- Add in almond meal, shredded onions, minced garlic, feta cheese, eggs, heavy cream, tomato paste, tamari (if using), parsley, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper; mix it all together with your hands until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the ground meat mixture into previously prepared loaf pan; pressing the meat down to form into a loaf shape.
- Invert it onto previously prepared baking sheet and set aside.Make The Glaze
- In a small mixing bowl, combine tomato paste, water, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper; whisk to combine.
- If you want a thicker consistency, add more tomato paste. To thin it out, add more water, 1/2 tablespoon at a time.
- Spread half of the prepared ketchup over the top of the meatloaf; reserve remaining ketchup for later.
- Bake the meatloaf for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread remaining ketchup over the meatloaf.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until the middle of the meatloaf reaches 155F on a meat thermometer.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut and serve.