- 4 cups + 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup blend of frozen corn, peas and carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 5 wonton wrappers, stacked and cut into 1/2 inch strips + oil for frying
- diced green onions
- Combine 4 cups of broth, ginger, garlic, salt and green onion pieces in a pot and bring to a boil for a few minutes to flavor the broth. Remove the green onions with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Add the frozen corn, peas and carrots; return to a boil.
- In a separate small bowl combine the remaining 1/2 cup broth with the corn starch and stir till no more clumps. Slowly dissolve into the soup. Let cook for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Whisk the eggs in a measuring cup then slowly stream them into the soup while slowly stirring the soup in a clockwise rotation. Season with black pepper.
For The Wonton Strips:
- Heat a small amount of oil (about 1 inch deep in a small pot) to medium high. Once hot add a few wonton strips and fry until golden brown, about 30-45 seconds. Remove from oil with slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve the soup with wonton strips and diced green onions. Enjoy!