For The Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or canola oil
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For The Pasta Salad:
- 8 ounces corkscrew pasta, cooked in salted water according to package directions & drained
- 2 cans (15-ounces, each) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 16 ounces bag of frozen corn
- 16 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered (OR about 2 extra-large tomatoes, seeded & chopped)
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded, all membranes removed, & finely diced, optional
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- Make the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated, or shaking them in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Set aside.
- Place the cooked pasta and the rinsed black beans in a very large bowl. Thaw the corn by placing it in a colander and running it under warm water; drain well and add to bowl. Add the tomatoes, jalapeños, and cilantro to the bowl, and pour about two-thirds of the dressing over top. Gently mix all of the ingredients with a large spoon until well combined. Refrigerate for several hours to allow the flavors to blend. Just before serving, stir in the remainder of the dressing and garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.