- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Panko crumbs
- 4 thick pork chops, bone-in or boneless
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, Parmesan, bacon, green onion, and garlic powder until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. Place Panko crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Cut a pocket through the side of each pork chop to create a cavity for the filling. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each pork chop with cream cheese mixture. Press along seam to seal it as much as possible. You can secure it with a toothpick if you wish.
- Coat pork chops in flour, dip in egg mixture and then coat in Panko crumbs. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper on coated pork chops.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet. If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet, you can transfer the pork chops to a baking dish before you put them in the oven.
- Brown pork chops for a few miuntes on each side. Transfer skillet to oven to finish cooking for 15 to 20 minutes.