Gingerbread Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup melted butter or brown butter
- 1/2 cup erythritol sweetener like Swerve
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 low-carb maple syrup like Lakanto
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 almond flour
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol like Swerve confectioner’s
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
For The Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8″ cake pan, and line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter and sweetener together until well-combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well to combine.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Break up any lumps of almond flour or coconut flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
For The Frosting
- Beat softened cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered sweetener together in an electric mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Beat to combine. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting on top the completely cooled cake.