- 8 pieces sliced French or Italian baguette, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 9 ounces (250 grams) vine ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3.5 ounces (100 grams) fresh bocconcini in water (or baby mozzarella balls)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet, drizzle both sides with olive oil and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden, flipping toasts midway through to crisp all over. Rub the crostini with the cut side of the garlic while still warm and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Divide 1/4 cup of the basil leaves on each slice of bread (about 2-3 basil leaves per bread), then top each with the avocado slices, tomato halves and mozzarella (bocconcini). Season with salt and/or pepper to taste.
- Broil (or grill) for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese has started to melt through.
- Finely chop remaining basil leaves and sprinkle over the crostini. Drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.