- 1⅓ pound red snapper, boned with skin on, cut into 4 serving pieces.
- olive oil, coconut oil or avocado oil
- cajun spice such as Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- 2 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 small onion sliced
- salt and pepper
- Sweet Potato Grits
- 3 tablespoons grated cheddar or gouda cheese (optional).
- Heat heavy bottom frying pan with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Rub fish on both sides with cajun spices
- Heat pan to medium heat. Place fish in hot pan.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes skin side down, until skin is crispy and fish easily moves. Turn over, cook for 2-4 more minutes.
- In another pan, saute onion and cabbage until wilted about 6 minutes.
- Add in salt and pepper to cabbage.
- Make sweet potato grits
- adding in gouda cheese as option during cooking time.
- Arrange fish on top of grits garnished with red cabbage.