- 1 cup water
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- oil for frying
For the Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp milk
- To begin with, bring the water, butter, and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan. Then, add in the flour and use a whisk to incorporate. Switch to a wooden spoon, and lower the heat to medium. Stir the dough and cook until the bottom of the pan is covered in a film and the dough has dried out.
- Put the hot dough in a stand mixer with a paddle beater and mix on medium to cool the dough slightly. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until fully incorporated.
- Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Cut out square 3 x 3 sheets of parchment paper (my batch made about 18 smallish donuts), and pipe donuts on to them, being careful not to overlap the beginning and end of the donut.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in a deep fryer. When the oil is hot, place one or two donuts, paper side up, into the oil. The donut will separate from the paper in a few seconds, and you can remove the floating paper with tongs. Allow the donut to fry until it is a rich golden brown, then flip over and do the same on the other side. (Test your first donut to make sure it’s not not doughy in the middle and adjust your cooking time if needed). Remove from the oil and allow the donuts to cool completely on a paper towel, and finish frying them all.
- To make the glaze, combine the icing sugar, honey and milk in a bowl and stir together. Dip the good side of the donuts, one at a time, into the glaze. Set on a rack to set completely. Enjoy!