- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cups oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, corn starch, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, egg yolks, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add sugar and beat until shiny.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix just until combined. Fold in the egg whites.
- Follow the instructions for your waffle maker to cook waffles. Make sure it is well greased to avoid sticking. My waffles take about 90 seconds to cook but yours may vary, depending on your waffle maker. Makes 10 waffles. Extras can be frozen and reheated in the toaster!