For Cheesecake Layer
- 227 g cream cheesesoftened
- 50-70 g xylitol we do 1/4 cup
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Keto Brownie Layer
- 130 g unsalted grass-fed butter
- 140-210 g xylitol we do 2/3 cup
- 80 g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 70 g almond flour
- our no-churn keto vanilla ice cream
- Position a rack in the lower third of your oven and preheat to 350°F/180°C. Line with parchment paper the bottom and sides of a 8×8-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake layer first. Add cream cheese and sweetener to a bowl and cream using an electric mixer (faster and easier) or whisk until creamy and smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until fully combined. Set aside.
- Add butter, sweetener, cocoa powder and salt to a medium heatproof bowl. Melt over a water bath whisking constantly (or use the microwave). You’ll want to heat it up until most of the sweetener has melted and the mixture is well incorporated. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Add one egg at a time, whisking well after each one until completely incorporated. The texture should appear smooth, with all the sweetener dissolving into the mixture. Add the almond flour, whisking vigorously until fully blended (about a minute).
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into prepared pan, followed by the cheesecake layer. Add the remaining brownie batter in 4 dollops (see pictures in post for reference), and swirl the two batters together using a knife.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes (we do 23), or until the center is just set and still jiggly. This really does vary (a lot!!) from oven to oven (think convection etc), so give them a check from minute 15 the first time around.
- Allow to cool completely on a rack. Lift brownies using the edges of the parchment paper and cut into desired size (we do 16!). To get extra clean edges, place in the freezer for 10 minutes prior to cutting.
- Store in the fridge for 3 days and freeze for up to 3 months (they freeze great!).