For The Dough
- 1 1/2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella (175g)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour (80g)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
For The Garlic Butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 Celsius/360 Fahrenheit.
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in a non-stick pot over a low heat or in a microwave (1 1/2 minutes, stirring half way through). Take off the stove and/or make sure the cheese is melted, but not bubbling.
- Stir in the egg, almond flour and baking powder. Start to combine using a fork, then use your hands to knead into a ball of smooth dough. This can be easier if you lightly oil your hands first.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and roll out into a flatbread shape. You can do this by either oiling a roller or by rolling the dough between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Bake 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In the meantime, chop garlic and parsley and melt butter. Mix and spread over the flatbread
- Return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes. Cover with aluminium foil if the top gets too brown.
- Cut into slices and serve