Keto Meatball Soup
- 2 Lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Handfuls Fresh Spinach
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasonings
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil or oil of choice
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Medium Carrot Peeled and Diced
- 1 Stalk of Celery Chopped
- 2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 3/4 tsp. Thyme
- 1 32 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 32- oz. Low Sodium Beef or Chicken Broth
- 1 Medium Zucchini – Chopped into Halves or Quarters
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt to taste (at least 1/2 tsp.)
- Pepper to taste (at least 1/4 tsp.)
For The Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×11 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the spinach, garlic, and onion. Then process until everything is in very small pieces. Add the spinach/onion mixture to a large mixing bowl along with the ground beef, sea salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and Parsley. Mix well.
- Roll into meatballs and place into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
For The Soup:
- Add the oil to large heavy-bottomed pot or dutch oven and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Saute until veggies are slightly soft, around 4 minutes.
- Add the basil, oregano, and thyme. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, chicken or beef broth, and zucchini.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Taste soup, if it tastes flat, it needs more salt.
- Add the meatballs to the soup and serve!