Leftover Turkey Crescent Pockets
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 T dried chives
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- In a large bowl , melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in microwave 1 – 1.5 minutes.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add the egg and stir.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder, and xanthan gum, mix well. Wet your hands and knead the dough until uniform.*
- Place the dough on a parchment paper.
- Top the dough with another piece of parchment paper and roll it out into a 15 x 12 inch (40 x 30 cm) rectangle.*Cooks Note: reheat the dough if it gets crumbly. Add flour little by little (like 1/2 tsp at a time) if the dough is too sticky.Make Pockets:
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat the first four ingredients until smooth. Mix in chopped turkey.
- Cut 8 squares, 4 inches x 4 inches each, from the crescent dough. Place 1/3 cup turkey mixture in center of each square. Bring four corners of dough together above filling; twist and pinch seams to seal.
- Place a piece of parchment on a baking sheet. Place each pockets onto the parchment. Brush tops with butter; sprinkle with parsley and a bit of almond flour. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.