- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener (Splenda, Ideal, Swerve, etc.)
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- Melt the butter in the microwave or a small saucepan.
- Add the almond flour, sweetener, and lemon zest, stirring until fully combined.
To Make a Tart or Pie Crust:
- No need to pre-chill, just press dough into tart or pie tins. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees (F) for 15 mins until firm and golden brown.
To Make The Cookies:
- Form dough (it will be crumbly, this is normal) into a cylinder and wrap tightly with plastic wrap to compress.
- Chill in freezer for 30 minutes or until firm, or in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- With a sharp knife, slice into 1/2 inch thick cookies (if they crumble apart your dough isn’t cold enough).
- Bake in a preheated oven @ 350 degrees (F) on a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet for 15 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
- Allow to cool before removing.