- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs whole
- 2 eggs yolks only
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/16 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound Pepperidge Farms puff pastry sheets or shells 1 package
To make the Lemon Curd:
- Bring 1 -inch of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Whisk together eggs, egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and sugar in a large stainless steel bowl, or double boiler.
- Place over boiling water and cook, stirring occasionally until mixture thicken and coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter, whisking until thoroughly melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour lemon curd into a sealed container and place in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
For the Tarts:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- Place on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely before filling.
- Cut out the centers to make shells hollow, and dust with sifted powdered sugar.
- Fill with lemon curd and serve.