- 1 pound medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- Minced fresh thyme, optional
- Place potatoes and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half. Combine the mustard, rosemary, garlic salt, thyme and pepper; rub over roast.
- Place in slow cooker; top with onion and broth. Cover and cook on low until meat and vegetables are tender, for 6-8 hours. If desired, top with minced thyme. Freeze option: Place sliced pot roast and vegetables in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.