For The Salad:
- 4 ears fresh corn (about 3 cups) husked and kernels cut from cob
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (25 grams) cilantro leaves chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 2.5 ounces (70 grams) Cotija cheese finely crumbled plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 avocado peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juiceFor The Dressing:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used light)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Char The Corn:
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn and let it cook, stirring occasionally until charred (about 8/10 minutes). Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.Prepare The Dressing:
While the corn is cooking, in a small bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, garlic, lime juice, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.Assemble The Salad:
- Pour half tablespoon of lime juice over the diced avocado, then add it to a large bowl with the charred corn, and the remaining salad ingredients.
- Pour the dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Top with extra Cotija and serve either warm or cold.