- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter at room temperature
- 10 large eggs at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease and lightly flour bottom of tube pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cream butter. Gradually add sugar, beating all the time. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Add dry ingredients. Beat. Add lemon juice. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until done. Cool on a wire rack.