- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring gel
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
- 12 oz chocolate coating, melted (feel free to use the dark or the white chocolate, or both)
- Beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add sugar, peppermint extract and food coloring. Beat until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Using a 1 tbsp scoop, drop onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Freeze for about an hour (more is fine).
- Using a toothpick, pick up the truffle and dip it into the melted chocolate, tapping the side of the bowl to remove the excess chocolate. If desired, add a couple of mini morsels for garnish. Store in refrigerator for up to a week.