- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jalapeño very finely minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves about 3 tablespoons finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt adjust as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper adjust as desired
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the very finely minced garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper. Using a mortar and pestle or your hands, mash together and crush to make a paste.
- Scrape into a jar and then add the orange and lime juices, vinegar and oil.
- Shake really well to combine thoroughly. Use as a marinade for beef or chicken.