- 2 t Olive Oil
- 2 Red Onions finely chopped
- 1.3 kg Lean Ground Beef ( 3 pounds )
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- 1 t Dried Oregano
- 1/4 t Ground Cumin
- 1 t Coriander Seeds crushed
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs fresh
- 3 Eggs large
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 TB Fresh Garlic crushed
- 2 Red Chilies de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 t Paprika
- 1/3 cup Tomato Sauce (Ketch-Up)
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 2 TB Dijon Mustard
- 1.5 cups Coffee hot, strong
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 TB Parsley chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 240 deg C ( 460 deg F ) – spray a large roasting dish with cooking oil.
- Heat the Oil in a large skillet – saute the Red Onion until soft – remove from skillet and leave to cool completely.
- Place the Ground Beef, Mustard, Oregano, Cumin, Coriander seeds, Breadcrumbs and the Eggs in a large mixing bowl – add the cooled Onion – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the Meatball mixture in eight equal portions – roll into balls (the balls will be slightly bigger than a Tennis ball) – make and indentation in each Meatball – divide the Cheese in eight and press into the indentations – press the Meatballs to close securely.
- Arrange the Meatballs in the prepared roasting dish – bake 49 – 45 minutes or until golden – remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, using the same skillet – heat the Oil for the sauce – saute the Onion, both Bell Peppers, Garlic, Chili and Paprika until soft stir in the Tomato Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Cider Vinegar, Molasses, Mustard, Coffee and Tomatoes – reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the sauce has thickened ( about 20 minutes ).
- Spoon away most of the fat in the Meatball roasting pan – pour over the Sauce and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven – sprinkle with Parsley and serve.