No Noodle Chicken Soup
- 4 oz. butter
- 2 celery stalks
- 6 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1½ shredded rotisserie chickens
- 2 cups green cabbage sliced into strips
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Slice the celery stalks and mushrooms into smaller pieces.
- Add dried onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic into the pot and cook for three to four minutes.
- Add broth, carrot, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked chicken and cabbage. Simmer for an additional 8 to 12 minutes until the cabbage “noodles” are tender.