One Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 2 to 3 hefty teaspoons smoked paprika + more if needed
- 4 cups beef stock
- 8 oz. egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch slurry (see instructions above), if needed
- ½ cup sour cream
- fresh parsley, finely diced for garnish
- Using a large pot or large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Add in the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until all browned. Stir in the smoked paprika. Add in the beef stock and egg noodles. Stir together and cover with lid.
- Let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes. Mix together once halfway through, mixing and incorporating all of the egg noodles. Lower the heat, mix in the cornstarch slurry if needed and stir until thickened. Add in the sour cream and mix together until incorporated. Taste and season generously with more salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley, serve and enjoy!