- 2 (2-3 pound) half turkey breasts, bone-in and skin on
- Canola or olive oil
- Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Orange-Honey Glaze (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon, heaping, orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the turkey breasts bone-side down onto the baking sheets, and drizzle with a couple of tablespoons of the oil; sprinkle a couple of good pinches of salt and black pepper over each of the turkey breasts, along with the herbs de Provence and the paprika divided equally among each.
- Insert a digital thermometer into the thickest part of one of the breasts.
- Next, pour half of the Orange-Honey Glaze into two separate small bowls, reserving one half for after the turkey is sliced, and using the other half to brush over the turkey as it roasts.
- Place the turkey breasts into the oven to roast, and after 30 minutes, brush them liberally with the glaze.
- Continue to roast for another 10 minutes, and then brush on more of the glaze.
- Continue to roast for another 10 minutes, and brush once more with the glaze; roast for about another 10 minutes, and remove the breasts from the oven once the internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Allow the turkey breasts to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing the meat; then once sliced, drizzle just a little of the reserved glaze over the slices, and sprinkle over the fresh rosemary and thyme before serving.
- Add all of the ingredients to a small sauce pan, and whisk to combine; bring to the boil and reduce the heat to low to gently simmer the glaze for 10 minutes.
- Pour the glaze into a bowl or glass container, and allow it to cool until thickened and glossy before using.